We are loving everything about this gorgeous destination wedding at the Coachman hotel in South Lake Tahoe planned by Alluring Events and captured by Rachelle Derouin. With a love for fashion and design, Molly (the bride) and Alluring Events were able to work together to create a design that was both a bit bohemian and true to who Molly and Ian were are as a couple. Molly and Ian decided to have their ceremony overlooking the most breathtaking views, because why keep your guests indoors when you can experience the true beauty of nature. Their handwritten vows were spoken alongside all of the natural elements surrounding them: the crystal clear Lake Tahoe and the majestic mountains in the background. One of the most unique aspects was their "ring warming ceremony" where their rings were passed from every friend and family member so that Molly and Ian could keep them with them wherever they may go. The wedding festivities continued on for an enchanting evening at the Coachman Hotel. Deep shades of purple and navy with accents of blush lined the tables and filled Molly's lush bouquet done by Helianthus Floral Design. Guests stayed cozy with blankets, the warm glow of the fire pits, and delicious s'more bar. Colorful rugs covered the dance floor which added to the boho vibe of the entire wedding.
From the Bride:
Advice to future brides: anything you loved about the process of planning your wedding:
- Trust your intuition. If something is not working, don't do it just because you feel like you have to or you are worried what others will think of you. Trust your vision and your partner because you are in it together. Try not to listen to other people's opinions too much because deep down you probably already know what you want. The more you trust yourself, the more YOU your wedding will be.
- Do yourself a favor and find a wedding planner you love and trust. One who will be your be an extension of you and who encourages you, looks out for you and truly wants the best for your special day. Someone who can be your friend but also be incredibly professional and amazing at her job. That way, on your wedding day you won't have to worry about except getting married!
From the Bride:
Anything in particular I loved about the day:
- Buying out the Coachman so that only our guests were staying there was one of the best decisions. Our guests told us they had the best time because it felt like they were truly on vacation! We loved that everyone was able to explore Tahoe (where most had never been) and then meet up over breakfast, coffee, a drink at the bar, or s'mores at the fire pits. We loved waking up to the sound of my nieces running around giggling with joy. We loved that the reception was right at the hotel because it felt much more intimate - it really felt like the backyard wedding we were hoping for and guests could layer up, put kids to bed, or change shoes without missing too much.
- Deciding to do our first look in our hotel room, it was super messy but I didn't even care because the butterflies I felt and seeing Ian for the first time made me feel like I was floating.
- Walking down the aisle with my dad and seeing the arch he built for us (and drove from NC to CA!) took my breath away - it was such a special moment.
- Surprising our family with our father daughter dance that my dad had learned all himself and taught me the day before the wedding!
- The moment I stepped up on the platform with Ian everything melted away - I felt so present but like I was floating at the same time. His eyes were the color of the Lake Tahoe and I felt like everything was so perfectly right.
- Sitting down at our reception and looking at the fire pits, the market lights under the night sky, all the candles, the flowers, and our friends and family laughing together. I'm so happy we chose a family style meal because it really made the whole night feel like an intimate family dinner!